Another year, another list of goals! Here we go!
- I complete the Manitoba Marathon (in under four hours).
- I complete the Army Run Half Marathon in 1:40.
- I do a morning Sadhana at 5am everyday.
- I master 3 different kundalini sets.
- I learn how to shoot a gun.
- I home-brew hard cider from scratch with apples from our trees.
- I find 4 new “keeper” recipes a month and write them in the family recipe book.
- I plant an herb garden in pots on the back deck for cooking with.
- I sell kale and snap peas at the Vars Farmer’s Market.
- I call one relative every week – and not just the obvious ones!
- BONUS: I donate $20 every month to something that I feel called to.
Now let’s recap from last year…
I complete three 40-day Sadhanas (early morning meditations);
Check! Make that three 40 day Sadhanas IN A ROW, and then some!
I have three No-Pants Days every month;
Didn’t track em, but I think I did. I know I felt much better about “me-time” after I quit my part-time position, and had my evenings and weekends back.
I take a half hour lunch away from my desk at work everyday;
Also didn’t track…probably 50/50 on that still, although I did go to the mall more often to get away on lunch.
I add (at least) 10k to my monthly run tally every month;
I consider this accomplished, since I ran the half marathon and then a 10k, and then continued to run throughout the Christmas season as well! I rested when I saw fit to, and have definitely created a habit that I’ll be keeping.
I complete the Army Run Half-Marathon September 23rd;
I buy a treadmill by November 30th;
Ok this one I didn’t get to…but in retrospect, I’m glad I didn’t. The reason for wanting a treadmill was to avoid the icy roads, and to not have to run in the dark. Well, I’ve beat down both of those ridiculous “fears”! I love my night-time runs – it’s not really as dark outside as it looks from the inside. Also, the streets really aren’t very icy most of the time. Even if they are I have some pretty awesome winter running shoes – much cheaper than a treadmill.
I complete 12 book reviews;
Fail. Probably read about 6 books, maybe one review…
I mail cards on time all year;
I think I did pretty good!
I call my mother once a week;
Does once every two weeks mean I get 50% on this one?
I home-brew hard cider from scratch with apples from our trees.
Well, the trees had apple scab, so we couldn’t use them. We have to spray them just as they start budding this year! Fingers crossed!