No Meat for Lent Part 4
Ok this vegetarian thing is getting really fun!! I’m so glad I decided to give up meat for Lent, I was starting to feel like my personal dinner repertoire really lacked inspiration. I had to start a board on Pinterest to collect the yummy things I’ve seen to get the inspiration-train going. Turns out about half are vegetarian recipes – and half of those are vegetarian “burger” recipes, so I’m going to patty-it-up during Lent.
So here’s my latest creation. I searched for the best Chickpea Patty online, and I found so many different recipes, and they all looked so easy, that I decided to make one up myself using whatever I could find in the cupboards.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup or more of freshly ground flax
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp of your favorite Masala or Curry powder (I love Sharwood’s or Club House)
- Mango Chutney for the topping (Sharwood’s Bombay Club Chutney is delish)
Thank goodness I brought leftovers for lunch today, since I forgot to take a picture last night – and I put avocado chunks and kale on it too so it’s even more appealing than last night!