Something I used to do was write 10 of my most important goals down each day, and I definitely noticed results. Point in case, the house we bought: My goals stated that “I barbecue steak on the deck of my country home on August 31, 2011“. Possession date of our home just outside Ottawa was August 29, 2011. Well I’ll be.
At the beginning of this year, a fellow Lemon alumni shared on twitter that he was setting 50 goals for 2012. What an inspiration! So I did the same – it’s definitely not easy, since I limited myself to achieving these goals before the end of the year. I have not been writing my goals down daily but I feel like, as with the ebb and flow that is life, the tide is coming back in for that soon. I thought I would share ten of those goals, as there are definitely some that I need to remind myself of – and a few that I wish to be held accountable for!
- I complete three 40-day Sadhanas (early morning meditations);
- I have three No-Pants Days every month;
- I take a half hour lunch away from my desk at work everyday;
- I add (at least) 10k to my monthly run tally every month;
- I complete the Army Run Half-Marathon September 23rd;
- I buy a treadmill by November 30th;
- I complete 12 book reviews;
- I mail cards on time all year;
- I call my mother once a week;
- I home-brew hard cider from scratch with apples from our trees.
I think these 10 represent the goals I really want to share and be held accountable for. Feel free to share yours – once it’s written down the Universe conspires and the journey begins! Thanks for reading mine!