Fibi’s Vegan Banana Zucchini Muffins
I ran out of eggs and cornstarch, so I used a version of replacement with ground flax that I haven’t tried before…and I’m hooked! I found a recipe online but ended up modifying the ingredients and baking directions to suit my needs and my inventory…I hope yours turn out as fluffy and tasty as mine! Since they were moist but not wet, I think I’m going to try using 1/2 maple syrup instead of sugar next time……
Fibi’s Banana Zucchini Muffins
- Simmer the flax and water together for about 5 minutes, or until an egg-white consistency is reached.
- Mix oil, both sugars, banana, zucchini, and vanilla together. Add the flax mixture and stir until just mixed.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and cloves, and stir until just mixed.
- Fold in the pepitas, sunflower seeds, and raisins.
- Scoop 2-3 tablespoons of batter into greased muffin pans, and bake at 350F for 24 minutes. Makes two bakers dozens.